I first saw this idea of coffee-tea in Hong Kong. Talk about a pick-me-up! It’s actually very refreshing and delicious. This simple recipe uses only 3 ingredients to create a cool and creamy low-calorie coffee treat.
~3/4 cup hot water
-1 tea bag (I used Earl Grey, use your favorite flavored black tea)
-2 packets of 1/2 calorie coffee mix
-sweet soy milk or almond milk (optional)
1) Steep the tea bag in the hot water for 3-5 minutes.
2) Add about 2-3 tablespoons of the hot tea to the coffee mix in a mug. This will dissolve the coffee.
3) Put the remaining tea in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to cool.
4) Add the remaining tea to the coffee. Top it off with a couple tablespoons of sweet soy milk or almond milk for an extra creamy texture.
5) Pour the mixture over ice and enjoy.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. All can be found at Home Plus.
For 1 Serving: 64 Calories, 3.5 g Fat, 3.1 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 40 mg Sodium, 13.4 g Carbohydrates, 0.5 g Fiber, 0.6 g Sugars, 1.8 g Protein.