This is a simple recipe which uses pre-made Korean mandu skins (like wonton wrappers) and an easy homemade cheese filling with tofu instead of ricotta (which is hard to find in Korea). You can add herbs like basil or spinach to the filling for added flavor. The tortellini can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Homemade Cheese Tortellini
– 1 package (30 sheets) frozen round mandu skins (or wonton wrappers), defrosted
-1 200 g package (3.5 servings) firm tofu, drained (or 10-12 oz low-fat ricotta cheese if you prefer)
-3/4 tsp salt
-1/3 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
-3 Tbls powdered Parmesan cheese
-1 egg, lightly beaten
-1/8 tsp pepper
-1-2 tsp dried basil (or 1-2 Tbls fresh parsley or spinach, minced)
1) Mix the tofu, salt, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, pepper and herbs together in a bowl.
2) Take a mandu skin and spoon about 2 tsp of the cheese mixture in the middle.
3) Use your finger and brush water around the edges of the mandu skin. Fold over and seal to close.
4) Take the half moon shape and fold it back so the two ends are overlapping and it looks like a tortellini. Seal the two ends with a little water.
5) Put the tortellini on a foil lined baking tray. Freeze the them for about 1 hour until they are frozen and transfer to a ziploc bag. Keep in the freezer until ready to use.
6) Took cook, boil the tortellini for about 4-6 minutes and serve with your favorite tomato sauce.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. The mandu skins (in freezer section near mandu), herbs, tofu, and Parmesan can be found at Home Plus. The mozzarella cheese can be found at Costco.
For 1 Serving (about 8 tortellini): 328 Calories, 7.3 g Fat, 2.1 g Saturated Fat, 69.9 g Carbohydrates, 718.4 g Sodium, 49.6 g Carbohydrates, 2.7 g Fiber, 0.2 g Sugars, 17.4 g Protein.