Corn tortillas are layered with shredded chicken, salsa, and beans then topped with cheese in this satisfying quick and easy recipe.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
-4-5 corn tortillas
-2 chicken breasts (or some leftover rotisserie chicken)
-1/3 cup salsa, any kinda (I used Pace)
-1 container (85 g) Denmark plain yogurt
-2 Tbls +1 tsp taco seasoning, divided
-1 can pinto or black beans, drained
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
*If using cooked rotisserie chicken, proceed to step 3
1) Smooth 1/2 tsp olive oil over the chicken breasts and roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at about 200 degrees Celsius until the chicken is firm to the touch and done in the middle.
2) Let the chicken rest for at least 10-15 minutes.
3) Shred the chicken by hand by breaking the chicken apart and rubbing it between your fingers.
4) Mix the yogurt with 2 Tbls taco seasoning and the salsa.
5) Mix the yogurt sauce and shredded chicken together.
6) Mix the beans with the black pepper and 1 tsp of taco seasoning.
7) In a greased casserole dish, evenly layer a corn tortilla with some of the chicken mixture and some beans.
8) Repeat the process so you have 3-4 layers.
9) Top the casserole with cheese and bake at 230 degrees Celsius for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. The black beans can be found at Home Plus (I found pinto beans at e-mart). The yogurt and salsa can be found at Home Plus or Costco. The cheese can be found at Costco and the corn tortillas and taco seasoning can be found online at ezshopkorea.com.
For 1 Serving: 322 Calories, 5.2 g Fat, 1.9 g Saturated Fat, 56.2 mg Cholesterol, 550.3 mg Sodium, 36.8 g Carbohydrates, 6.2 g Fiber, 4.1 g Sugars, 29.5 g Protein.