Trick or Treat! Halloween is just around the corner. I bet you can’t find a butterfinger in Korea, but now you can make them!!!! This 5-ingredient super easy recipe will blow you away. Not only does it taste like a butterfinger, it’s better for you with no high fructose corn syrup or artificial ingredients.
Homemade Butterfinger Bars
For the Bars
-1/4 cup agave nectar, brown rice syrup, honey, or maple syrup (I have used agave nectar and brown rice syrup, both are great)
-1/3 cup dark brown sugar
-a pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-2 cups bran flakes or corn flakes (for gluten free)
For the Topping
-1/3 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark), melted
*This recipe was adapted from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
1) Combine the brown sugar and agave nectar in a pot. Heat over medium-high heat until it boils and bubbles up turning a light brown/caramel color (no more than about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.
CAUTION: The sugar will be extremely hot like a caramel, use a wooden spoon or high heat silicon spatula to stir the sugar. A plastic spatula will melt… learned this the hard way!
2) Stir in the salt and peanut butter.
3) Add the bran or corn flakes. Stir until it is uniformly distributed and forms into a ball similar to a rice krispie treat.
4) Smash the mixture evenly into a square container or pan.
5) Spread the melted chocolate over the top.
6) Put in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden or in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
7) Cut into 8 bars and enjoy!
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. All the ingredients can be found at Home Plus. The peanut butter and agave can also be found at Costco.
For 1 Serving (1 bar): 248 Calories, 13.5 g Fat, 3.2 g Saturated Fat, 0.1 mg Cholesterol, 196.4 mg Sodium, 29.9 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 20.9 g Sugars, 6.3 g Protein. *This recipe is based on bran flakes, the fiber will decrease if using corn flakes.