This dense chocolate cake with a gooey-chocolate center is perfectly portioned for two. Don’t feel guilty about indulging in chocolate cake every now and then!
-1 Tbls butter, room temperature
-2 Tbls sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla (1-2 drops vanilla concentrate)
-2 Tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp instant coffee granules (optional)
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp baking powder
-1.5 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate (3 Tbls chocolate chips)
-2 Tbls Hershey’s chocolate syrup
-2 tsp powdered sugar, for dusting
1) Mix butter and sugar together.
2) Add the egg and vanilla, whisk to combine. Add the baking powder, cocoa powder, coffee granules, and salt.
3) Melt the chocolate together with the chocolate syrup for about 20 seconds in the microwave.
4) Combine the batter with the melted chocolate.
5) Grease 2 cups of a muffin pan or 2 small ramekins.
6) Pour the batter evening into the two cups/ramekins.
7) Bake at 230 degrees Celsius for 8-12 minutes until the cakes still jiggle slightly in the middle, but when you touch the top with your finger, it feels done (you don’t get any chocolate on your finger). Be careful not to over-bake or your molten cakes will turn into regular cupcakes… which are also still delicious!
8) Let the cakes cool for about 10 minutes.
9) Gently loosen the cakes and flip the ramekins upside down to removed the cakes. Dust the cakes with powdered sugar.
Serve as is or with lowfat frozen yogurt or ice cream.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. The butter can be found at Costco and the remaining ingredients at Home Plus.
For 1 Serving (1 cake): 284 Calories, 13.5 g Fat, 7.2 g Saturated Fat, 121 mg Cholesterol, 120.8 mg Sodium, 38.6 g Carbohydrates, 1.9 g Fiber, 31.5 g Sugars, 4.4 g Protein.