This recipe tastes like the real deal takeout, but is really fast and simple to make.
Takeout at Home – Broccoli Beef
-200-250 g (6-8 ounces) lean beef, cut against the grain into thin strips
-1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
-3 Tbls oyster sauce
-3 Tbls rice wine
-1-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 tsp soy sauce
-1 tsp sugar
-1/8 tsp pepper
-1/4 tsp ground ginger (or 1/2 tsp fresh)
-1 tsp cornstarch
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp sesame seeds
1) Mix the oyster sauce, rice wine, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and cornstarch together in a bowl.
2) Marinate the beef in 2 Tbls of the sauce mix for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
3) Steam the broccoli for 1-2 minutes until it turns bright green and just barely tender.
4) Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a medium-high heat skillet, saute the beef for 1-2 minutes per side until done to your liking. Remove from pan, set aside.
5) Add the sauce mix to the pan and let simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Return the beef and broccoli to the pan, coat with the sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. All ingredients can be found at Home Plus.
For 1 Serving: 235 Calories, 10.2 g Fat, 2.7 g Saturated Fat, 63 mg Cholesterol, 705 mg Sodium, 10.7 g Carbohydrates, 1.8 g Fiber, 2.6 g Sugars, 24.9 g Protein.