Though I am not German, I appreciate the idea of Octoberfest, coming together and enjoying delicious comfort food and beer to celebrate the fall season. For this Octoberfest meal, I made BBQ Roasted Chicken, Braised Red Cabbage and Baked Beans. There’s nothing more comforting on a cool fall evening.
BBQ Roasted Chicken
-4 chicken breasts or 6 chicken drumsticks
-1/2 packet Tesco BBQ Seasoning
*Preheat oven to 215-220 degrees Celcius.
1) In a plastic bag, shake the chicken together with the BBQ seasoning.
2) Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray or oil.
3) Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. You can tell the chicken is done when you touch the chicken and it is firm, or peek with a knife to see it is no longer pink.
4) Remove the pan from the oven and cover with foil for 10 minutes to let the chicken cool and the juices will then stay inside when you cut it.
5) Cut the chicken into slices against the grain if using chicken beasts and serve.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. You can get the BBQ seasoning at bigger Home Plus stores.
For 1 Serving (1 chicken breast): 222 Calories, 3.6 g Fat, 0.9 g Saturated Fat, 73.1 mg Cholesterol, 563.6 mg Sodium, 17 g Carbohydrates, 0 g Fiber, 16 g Sugars, 26.7 g Protein.