This is banana bread with a chocolaty twist consisting of Nutella and chocolate chips. Yum…
Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread
-1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup white wheat flour
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3)
-2 egg whites (or you can use 1 full egg)
-2/3 cup milk + 1Tbls vinegar (or 1-80 g container of plain lowfat yogurt (such as Activia) + 1/3 cup milk)
-3 Tbls canola oil
-1 tsp vanilla (or 4-5 drops vanilla concentrate)
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
-1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-2 tsp sugar (for sprinkling)
*Preheat oven to 210-215 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
1) Mix the flours and baking soda together in a bowl.
2) Mix the next 7 ingredients together, all but the nutella and chocolate chips.
3) Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Take out 1 cup of batter in a different bowl and set aside.
4) Put the chocolate chips and nutella in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds until some of the chocolate chips melt, but some are still intact.
5) Add the cocoa powder and nutella chocolate mixture to the 1 cup of reserved batter.
6) Put the batter alternating into a greased loaf pan or into 16 muffin cups. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the batters together.
7) Sprinkle the top with sugar and bake muffins at 215 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven temperature or 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes for a 8X4 inch loaf pan.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. You can find the nutella and vanilla at Home Plus and the flours at your local mart.
For 1 Serving (1 muffin or 1/16 of the loaf): 165 Calories, 5.1 g Fat, 1.2 g Saturated Fat, 12.6 mg Cholesterol, 121.5 mg Sodium, 28.2 g Carbohydrates, 2.1 g Fiber, 15.8 g Sugars, 3.3 g Protein. * I used 1 full egg for this calculation