This quick and easy chili recipe uses common ingredients which can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes. Don’t worry if you can’t find chili spices like cumin or chili powder, the key ingredient in this chili is the Tesco brand ‘Kidney Beans in Chili Sauce,’ which adds the chili flavor to this recipe! Thank you Home Plus, I ❤ you!
Quick & Easy Chili
-1 small onion, diced
-1 red bell pepper, diced
-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
-1 frozen turkey or beef burger patty, defrosted (in microwave or in refrigerator overnight)
-1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
-1 can kidney beans in chili sauce
-1/2 cup dry red wine or beer (whatever you have on-hand)
-4 tsp (or 2 packets) natural beef stock seasoning
– 1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp ground black pepper
-1/2 to 1 tsp Korean chili paste or flakes (1/2 tsp for mild, more for spicy)
-1 tsp brown sugar
-2 to 2 1/2 cups water, start with 2 and add more if needed (* for a creamy taste, try using 1/2 milk and 1/2 water!)
*Note- I would not add any salt to this recipe, there is plenty in the beans and tomatoes!
1) Take the defrosted meat patty and smash it up with your fingers so it looks like ground meat. Season it with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) In a large pot, saute the onions in a little oil (1 tsp) on medium heat. Once the pan has dried out (2-3 minutes), add 1/4 cup of the red wine or beer. Let the onions simmer in the liquid until it evaporates.
3) Add the bell pepper, garlic and the remaining 1/4 cup of wine or beer and let simmer until the liquid evaporates.
3) Add in the ground meat and canned tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4) Add in the remaining ingredients (beans, beef seasoning, oregano, pepper, chili paste, brown sugar, and water).
5) Bring the chili up to a slow boil and then turn the heat to medium-low for 20-30 minutes until it thickens slightly.
Serve with saltine crackers and/or chopped green onions.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe.
Nutrition Information: You can find the beef seasoning, kidney beans, oregano, and chili paste at Home Plus, the tomatoes at Home Plus or Costco and the Turkey burger patties at Costco.
For 1 Serving (about 1 cup or 1/5 of the chili): 168 Calories, 3 g Fat, o.5 g Saturated Fat, 17.1 mg Cholesterol, 757 mg Sodium, 21.2 g Carbohydrates, 4.7 g Fiber, 5.4 g Sugars, 13.2 g Protein. *I used a turkey burger patty for my chili.